Universities transform lives. Year after year at the ACU, we are incredibly proud of how our diverse network of member universities continues to demonstrate exceptional knowledge, creativity and leadership in advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As this year draws to a close, we have been reflecting on the key milestones and achievements of the ACU community in 2022. Below is just a glimpse of some of the important work that has taken place.
We hope you enjoy reading about the myriad of ways our member universities have been contributing to building a better world, and how the ACU has been working tirelessly to ensure the power of higher education is recognised on the global stage.
Higher Education for Sustainable Development
Around the world, universities and their researchers play a vital role in driving global climate action and the success of collective sustainability goals. This year the ACU was proud to continue supporting Commonwealth universities working to advance the SDGs, and further advocate for higher education’s critical contribution to sustainable development in key international fora.
Find out more
- Discover more about our time at CHOGM
- Read the policy recommendations we presented to governments and global higher education stakeholders and reports from 21CCEM
- View highlights from the UNESCO World Higher Education Conference
- Read a reflection on COP27 and the importance of diversity from Climate Cohort member Dr Lucy Richardson
- Find out more about the Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships
- Read our research study, co-commissioned with the British Council, highlighting the role of international higher education partnerships in addressing the 17 United Nations SDGs
- Learn more about ACU Measures
For students and learners, international mobility – the opportunity to study or work in another country – can be a transformative experience. The ACU is committed to delivering educational opportunities that make a positive and lasting difference.
Find out more
- Read about the ACU Summer School 2022
- Learn more about the prestigious international scholarship schemes run by the ACU including QECS, Chevening, CSC and Marshall
- Read Dr Joanna Newman’s article on the Turing Scheme published in The PIE
- Find out more about the Commonwealth Virtual Exchange
Access and inclusion
The ACU continued to help to drive systemic change - both on campus and beyond - through the provision of wide-ranging support grants and by working with universities directly to widen access and reduce inequality.
Find out more
- Find out more about the Partnership for Enhanced and Blended Learning (PEBL) West Africa Project
- Read the latest issue of the ACU Review ‘Sport for Peace’