We offer great opportunities for people interested in working in an international organisation within the higher education sector. The ACU is a unique membership organisation consisting of over 500 universities in 50 countries across the Commonwealth. This makes us one of the largest and most diverse international university networks.
We champion higher education as the cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
We are passionate about higher education and international development and believe our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to supporting our colleagues to make sure the ACU is a great place to work with a high-performance culture.
We are aware that we live in a rapidly-changing world, so we look for ways to innovate, develop and refine what we deliver to our members, our clients and our partners.
Our staff share our passion and vision and are key to helping us to achieve our goals.
Academic & Regional Assessors (Chevening programme reading committees) - closing 14 September, 17:00 (BST)
- Quality: We strive to excel in all we do, and continuously reflect on our work to find new ways forward.
- Collaboration: We believe that cooperation and sharing ideas makes us stronger.
- Innovation: We encourage people to think differently, be curious, and explore new ideas.
- Respect: We treat others in the way we would like to be treated – with fairness, integrity, and generosity.
- Inclusion: We value difference and encourage and celebrate the diverse voices of our colleagues and partners.
Why work for us?
Our offices are in central London, only ten minutes’ walk from Euston or Kings Cross stations. If you join us, you will benefit from the following:
- Working for an organisation with social impact, with the opportunity to make a difference
- The opportunity to build your career with extensive training and development opportunities
- Exposure to the international higher education and international development sectors
- A positive, supportive and flexible working culture
- Working within an inclusive environment where health and wellbeing is a priority.
Our benefits include:
- 27 days annual leave, with an additional 4 days at Christmas and 8 bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Flu jabs paid for
- Reimbursement for sight tests
- Staff Wellbeing Service for professional advice and assistance
- Give As You Earn charitable donations scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional development opportunities to support your career aspirations
- Opportunities to attend a range of internal and external events
Equal opportunities statement
The ACU is committed to be an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, religion, gender, marital status, disability, age or sexual orientation.