Commonwealth Master's Scholarship at the University of the West Indies
Why study at the University of the West Indies (UWI)?
UWI says: 'Since its inception in 1948, the University of the West Indies (UWI) has been the region’s first and top choice for tertiary education. With over 65 years of experience serving the higher education needs of the Caribbean region, UWI has built a tradition of excellence and quality in teaching and research which is unmatched by any other in the region.
'In choosing to pursue postgraduate studies here at the UWI, you have elected to be part of the distinguished tradition of Caribbean scholarship which continues to make critical inputs to the economic, social and cultural transformation of the region and beyond.'
For more information on the university, visit www.uwi.edu.
Any Master's course listed here.
- One scholarship is available, starting in August 2017.
- The scholarship provides full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- The scholarship is for Master's study only and is not applicable to a distance learning course.
- The scholarship is for a new student only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started.
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families.
- The scholarship is for a maximum of one year.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, St Christopher’s (St Kitts) and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level.
How to apply
Complete the application form below in as much detail as possible and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Download the application form here.
Applications close on 10 March 2017 at midnight GMT.
Candidates are not required to submit a separate application to the university for the Masters course.
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com