Deadline: Extended to 27 June 23:59 UTC
The ACU is developing an engagement and programme delivery strategy for Bangladesh. To support this work, the ACU is recruiting a consultant with experience in higher education to provide recommendations on how the ACU can develop a successful engagement and contracting strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with the ACU’s Business Development, Programmes and Membership Unit to conduct a market analysis of the HE sector in Bangladesh.
Scope of work
The focus of the work will cover the following areas:
- The higher education landscape in Bangladesh, including opportunities and challenges
- ACU member engagement, i.e. how the ACU can work with members in Bangladesh to identify opportunities for programmatic work
- Key actors in the sector, including potential partners/ alliances and funders
The scoping study will be conducted between June and August 2021.
There is up to GBP 4,000 available for the scoping study.
Please submit the following documents to Keren.Elton@acu.ac.uk by 23:59 UTC on 27 June 2021:
- Technical proposal (5 pages maximum) including proposed methodology and delivery plan
- Organisation profile (including detail of scoping studies completed in the past) and CVs of proposed project team (2 pages maximum)
- Full budget that aligns to the stated delivery plan and team profile
- A sample report from a previous scoping study
Evaluation criteria for applicants
This assignment will require a researcher or small team of researchers, who will work in close collaboration with the ACU Business Development team.
The criteria for the evaluation of applications is:
- Strength and appropriateness of proposed methodology
- Experience of conducting scoping studies for organisational strategy development or similar
- Experience of working in the higher education sector or with universities in Bangladesh
- Experience of working with funders or donors in higher education
- Excellent skills in collecting qualitative data through facilitating focus groups and conducting interviews
- Adequate planning for risks associated with COVID-19 and demonstrated ability to deliver projects virtually when required
- Value for money
Find out further information