To promote the international mobility of staff and assist more members to attend the ACU HR in HE Community Conference, we are pleased to offer a limited number of partial bursaries for HR staff in ACU member institutions.
The bursaries will cover:
- Conference registration fee (including the Welcome Evening, Gala Dinner, conference lunches and refreshments, and conference materials)
- Accommodation at the recommended hotel for the conference (for the nights of 21-23 September only)
These payments will be made directly by the ACU on behalf of the awardee.
*All other costs (e.g. travel, visa fees and the optional Masterclasses and optional post-conference tour fees) will be the responsibility of the awardee.
There will be a selection process where the following will be taken into consideration:
- Relevance of job role - we are looking for support staff with a specific remit for Human Resource Management
- Ability to influence - you would be expected to have some ability to effect change (in the HRM function) within your institution
- Reasons for wanting to attend the conference - you would be expected to provide a sound justification for attending the conference and have clear ideas about what you hope to gain professionally and personally from it
- How knowledge gained will be shared/implemented on return to home institution
- Previous overseas travel for work purposes
- Support from your institution – including approval at senior level for you to attend the conference, commitment to cover other costs related to conference attendance not covered by the bursary (see above*) and support for you to share/implement the knowledge gained on your return