Join us on 9 December for our second ACU Ambassadors (formerly ACU Champions) Summit - Virtual Engagement and International Student Exchange.
This will be a great opportunity for you to meet ACU colleagues and ACU Ambassadors at universities across the Commonwealth.
The Summit will launch the Durban University of Technology (DUT)-ACU Toolkit for Virtual Engagement for International Student Exchange – a hands-on guide for containing practical advice for university staff setting up new virtual international student engagement activities.
Virtual Engagement for International Student Exchange covers a range of activities through which students can gain intercultural and international competencies though inter-institutional connections (including virtual exchange, virtual courses, virtual events, virtual internships, virtual research projects, and ‘COIL’ (collaborative online international learning) more generally.
- Get tips on how to use the new DUT- ACU Toolkit for Virtual Engagement for International Student Exchange.
- Hear from the ACU, DUT and Coventry University on why and how virtual student international exchange enhances student experience, along with advice for running international student engagement activities.
- Interact and learn from fellow ACU Ambassadors at other universities to discuss virtual student mobility and start the journey of possible new virtual student exchange partnerships.
There will also be a specific discussion area for medical school staff looking to develop a virtual exchange partnership with other ACU members, which could be supported by a bid into the ACU Virtual Medical Student Mobility Grant scheme.
How to register
To accommodate different time zones, two (identical) Summits will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, 9 December. Please register for one of the following sessions by Wednesday 25 November:
08.00-09.30 UTC, 9 December 2020
15.00-16.30 UTC, 9 December 2020
All ACU Ambassadors should receive an email invitation. If you are an ACU Ambassador and you have not received this by 19 November, please contact us.
This Summit will include break out discussion rooms, as follows. Preferences will be collected on registration:
- DUT Virtual Mobility Toolkit Q&A session: Ask colleagues from DUT questions about virtual student engagement, tips and tricks, and how to utilise the Virtual Student Engagement Toolkit
- ACU Ambassadors: Discuss with peers your current virtual engagement activities, challenges and opportunities, and explore areas for future collaboration
- Student & Virtual mobility staff: Discuss with peers your current virtual engagement activities, challenges and opportunities and explore areas for future collaboration
- Medical School staff: learn more about the ACU Virtual Medical Student Mobility Grant scheme and meet peers at other institutions to explore potential partnership opportunities
Who can attend?
This event is for ACU Ambassadors and up to two of their colleagues. Invited are:
- ACU Ambassadors
- A colleague with responsibility for student mobility, virtual mobility, or internationalisation at home
- (If relevant) a colleague Medical School staff with a remit for student/virtual mobility
Become an ACU Ambassador
ACU Ambassador (formerly named ACU Champions) should have an international remit (for example, international office, partnerships) at an ACU member university. ACU Ambassadors help facilitate stronger communication between the ACU and your university.
If you're interested in becoming an ACU Ambassador, read the Terms of Reference.